Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Red Light

So these two posts are for what I consider a set of twins: two dressers = purely a flight of fancy. I really wanted to do a little distressing and a lot of color. I had two really sweet antique dressers that I knew would lend themselves so perfect to the style.

The red dresser is a c.1900 solid oak piece with paneled sides and back. I added an antique barn board top, sanded, stained, and sealed. I painted the case with a rich red, then distressed liberally, then waxed. The knobs are original to the piece. I finished the back too, just because it was just quirky and cute. You could use this in an entry way, bedroom, or as a mini kitchen workstation. Just picture it decorated for the holidays!

This little guys needs a new home, so email if you're interested!











1 comment:

  1. Love the two dressers - the green and red ones. I didn't see an email address to email you. Thank you! Maureen

    ReplyDelete